nCounter SPRINT Profiler Core Facility
Introduction to the nanoString nCounter SPRINT Profiler
The nanoString nCounter SPRINT Profiler allows researchers to digitally examine multiple RNA, DNA pathways in a single tube in an extraction-free workflow. It is compatible with difficult sample types, including FFPE tissue.
Platform specifications include:
- Support for total RNA, cell lysates in GITC, FFPE-derived total RNA, and PAXgene-lysed whole blood.
- Multiplexing of up to 800 targets.
- Up to 35 µl reaction volume.
- 15 zeptomole spike-in control.
- Linear dynamic range of up to 6 x 10⁵ total counts.
- Throughput of 12 lanes per six hours.
Instrument and Charge Information
NanoString nCounter Sprint
- Location: School of Medicine Research Building
- Cost for non-owners: $200/per run
Six runs in one year ($1,200), then $25/per run
- Cost for owners: $25/per run
- Requirements: Hybridization buffer (HB) is also needed for this instrument
- How to schedule: Owners via Faces Scheduling System
Non-owners email SOMResearchCore@medsch.ucr.edu
Assisted support available for some instruments at additional cost.
All users are required to undergo free training provided by our staff. For off-hour use by trained users, additional advanced training will be required as well as hands-on training with the technician.
Access will be provided once training is completed.
Scheduling of equipment is done through the Faces Scheduling System.
For all proposed experiments, we will meet with you to consult on the parameters of the experiment.