The Research Operations Unit (ResOps) supports the ongoing research efforts of the School of Medicine Biomedical Sciences laboratories. Research Operations oversees the school's science laboratories in three research buildings – SOM Research Building, Webber Hall, and Boyce Hall. This includes the research core facilities – Histology Core, Cell Sorter Core, 2-Photon Intravital Microscopy Core, Darkrooms, and several other instrumentation rooms.
The primary functions and services include:
• Overseeing the general facilities operations and providing a main point of contact with Physical Plant and construction project personnel.
• Space utilization, training, and safety of the research labs.
• Ensuring EH&S compliance.
• Assisting in developing, maintaining and implementing procedures for the BSL2 and BSL3 labs. This includes the procurement of experimental equipment and repair services.
• Oversight to the shipping and receiving operations for the school, including mail services and courier delivery services.